Friday 15 July 2016

A year of Firsts


The second half to 2016 is certainly primed to be the year of firsts
The first time I decided to liberate my voice and record a jingle
The first time I set up my profile and accepted my awesomeness
The first time I stopped apologizing for my demons and became a victor
The first time I stopped worrying about other people’s opinions
And just shined,
I learnt to stop apologizing for my awesomeness
(and I learnt that I love using the word awesome a bit too much)

The first time I admitted my problems to myself
And sought ways of solving them
The first time I liberated my writing and wrote articles for blogs
The first time I stepped up and accepted duty as part of an organizing committee
The first time I set up a literacy program that would give back to the community

I just needed to trust in my faith, my talents
 and pray for God to unravel all his plans for me
I’m ready to receive the abundant blessings he has in store for me
I am ready to conquer the world
One day at a time
One dream at a time
 one prayer at a time .

 
The start of greatness 

No comments:

Post a Comment